4VE have been busy using the new computers in the ICT suite.
We are learning to become coders by investigating the Scratch programme.
As the weather gets colder, please ensure your child has adequate clothing for all weathers.
In Maths this term, we are revising our calculation methods for addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. We are also practising our problem solving skills.
Most children have read at home nearly every night which is fantastic!
Please ensure that when you are reading with the children, you are also asking them about the book. These could included questions such as;
- Can you retell the story to me?
- What does this word mean?
- How do you think the character is feeling?
- What do you think will happen next?
When your child completes the book, they should also complete an activity in their journals. All children have one of these and it has been explained to them what they need to do.
- Times tables tests are every Wednesday morning. Children should be practising these at home at least 3 or 4 times per week.
- Children must read at home every night with an adult. This is a school expectation which you have agreed to by signing their initial year 4 reports.
- Spellings are sent home every Wednesday. Children need to practice these, as discussed in class.